Anti-slavery policy statement
Surftec Ltd has a zero-tolerance approach to slavery and is committed to preventing acts of slavery and human trafficking from occurring within both its business and supply chain, and imposes those same high standards on its contractors, suppliers and other business partners.
Surftec Ltd is a small value added reseller (VAR) who supplies computers, computer peripherals and organises all related services necessary to support a ICT (Information Communication Technology) solution.
Predominately Surftec supplies to local government, schools, colleges as well as businesses ranging from sole traders to multi-national companies.
Services range from a one-stop-shop for all ICT provision at smaller organisations through to specific focussed services to larger organisations.
Surftec operates from an office in Farnham, Surrey.
Due diligence processes
- Operate strict procurement processes, ensuring suppliers comply with all applicable laws and standards, including those which relate to the Modern Slavery Act;
- Expect our suppliers to have suitable anti-slavery and human trafficking policies and processes in place within their own businesses and to cascade those policies to their own suppliers;
- Have completed an analysis of assurance information from existing suppliers and partners and followed up where relevant;
- Source manufacturers goods from only approved and affiliated distribution sources;
- Regularly review our policy and effectiveness of meeting the objectives of this policy;
- Have added a specific item relating to the Modern Slavery Act to the agenda of the contract management meetings with suppliers enabling us to be kept informed of any changes.
The above procedures are designed to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
- Reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our business and supply chains.
- Monitor potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
- Provide adequate protection for whistle blowers.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Surftec Limited’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31/8/17.
Date: 1st September 2017