Everything we do revolves around computers, from the smallest such as the Raspberry Pie, to smart phones, tablets, netbooks, laptops, thin-clients, all-in-one, desktops, workstations to servers.
It is what we know and love; helping you find the right solution to your computing needs.
Long Term Investment
We strongly believe computers have not become a consumable item, buy cheap and throw away. Such practices may seem cost effective but the true negative impact comes to the users experience.
Low end systems are prone to low speeds, faults, heavy weight, heat and noise. Not to mention the environmental impact when such systems need to be replaced more frequently.
There is no reason for a computer to last less than five years, and with correct management and upkeep typically much longer. We’re proud we have teachers happy with their laptops in excess of five years of age – why? They know their machines are robust, they still operate reliably and provide fast performance.
We have selected Lenovo and rely upon their availability of spares so repairs can still be made to older systems, saving the school money in the longer term whilst allowing the school to also invest in higher specification systems with greater performance, battery life, lighter to carry and slimmer case designs. Everyone wins.
Supplying the right machine at the start is key. Cheap does not result in the best user experience or long term financial sense.
Support and Parts
All computers require repair and servicing from time to time, partnering with a system manufacturer who can support this is vital.
Often we find schools with failing hardware which cannot be repaired as a result of a lack of spare parts.
All ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation and ThinkVision products are designed for professional use and come with the backup of full parts supply and full engineering documentation. Warranty service includes:
- Customer Carry In: You are responsible for packing and shipping the failed device back to a regional repair centre, where the item is repaired and returned. Typically within 1-3 weeks.
- Courier Collect and Return: You are responsible for packing the item, the warranty covers cost of collecting and returning the failed system.
- On-Site: Required replacement parts are shipped for end customer to replace themselves (such as batteries, CD drives or keyboards) or an engineer sent on-site typically within 2-5 days to action the necessary repair.
- Term: 1, 3 or 4 year contracts.
- ADP: Accidental Damage Protection covers one incident per system the warranty then reverts to exclude ADP for the remainder of the term.
- Hard Disc Drive Retention: If you’re storing sensitive data this option allows you to retain the hard disc drive regardless of system fault to ensure no data is sent back to the repair centre. You can then either refit the drive or destroy it as required.
Consumer grade products are cheaper, however their true cost is found when common wear areas such as laptop screen hinges or power supplies begin to fail and replacement parts cannot be sourced meaning perfectly good systems are only fit for disposal. Such systems can prove to be far more expensive in the long term.